Hepikos is an innovative Claypaky beam-wash light, which encloses all the most advanced optical, mechanical and electronic technology, in its highly compact body. The light is built around a bright 440W Osram lamp, and features a 5-40° zoom which provides a bright wash effect even at maximum beam angle.
The color production system is baned on a CMY color mixing consisting of three wheels entirely devoted to producing single colors, as well as two color wheels, each with 8 filters carefully selected by Claypaky’s R&D department. Thanks to its 185 mm diameter plano-convex front lens and its narrow 5° beam angle, it can produce a sharp, full-bodied beam, which may be used for striking aerial effects with saturated colors.
Some devices have been specially designed for this product: a mechanical iris, which is able to alter the beam diameter in beam mode as desired to create columns of light of different sizes, right down to a pencil beam;
A four-faced interchangeable rotating prism which modulates the visual effects by breaking the light up into several dynamic projections;
A soft-edge frost filter which makes the edge of the projected light less sharp and produces the wash effect typical of a washlight with Fresnel lens.
Hepikos is ultimately a hybrid light, where both the “beam” and the “wash” functions are optimized, rather than one weakening the other. It is perfect for complementing the beam/spot effects produced by the Mythos, with which it shares the same chassis and the same lamp.
You will love the Hepikos for its great performance, versatile optical unit, abundance of colors, compact size and low operating power consumption in comparison to competing products with similar characteristics. It is a must-have unit for rental companies which already stock and appreciate the Mythos and Mythos 2!
- Light Source: Custom 1200W white LED engine (44,000-lumen output)
- 5°-50° (10:1) linear zoom
- 16-bit CMY Color Mixing
- Linear CTO
- 6-color wheel (includes a dedicated CRI enhancement filter)
- 6 HD interchangeable rotating gobos
- 7 HD interchangeable fixed gobos
- Animation wheel
- 4-facet rotating prism
- 16-blade iris
- Framing System: 4 focal planes, 90° rotation and macro channel control
- Soft edge frost and flood frost
- 24-bit digital dimmer
- Digital stop-strobe effect
- Control signal: USITT DMX 512. Protocols: RDM, WebServer and Art-Net.
- DMX Channels: 38
- Input Power: 1800 VA@230Vac 50Hz
- Low noise operating modes
- Weight: 44Kg (97.5 lbs.)
- Size: 470 x 320 x 800 mm (18.5 x 12.6 x 31.5 in.)